10th August 2017-08-24 7pm
Meeting room 1
- Apologies: Ivan Hammond. Bill Mercer. Louise McGuinness. Elizabeth Sneath. Lyn Courtman, James Collins.
- Minutes of the last Meeting; read and agreed on.
- Matters arising from those minutes.
- We are aware of the increased building of houses around the area. Pinchbeck Area is only one area having approximately 1000 extra homes being built in the next few years, but concern is how the transport links will address the increase in potential traffic is going to be tackled. This could mean an increase of cars on the road over 1000 vehicles just in one area.
- Balance of £747.91p with a further £108 to be taken off for the water tanks at the station.
- Upcoming meetings: meeting on September 8 with Andy Savage the Executive Director of Railway Heritage along with John Hayes, East Midlands trains and Network Rail. This is to discuss the buildings and preservation of the station.
- Meeting on September 1 with Cross Country trains. Cross Country trains is part of the Arriva group and as one of the bidders for the next franchise.
- September 4 meeting with Rob Mercer and Donna Adams from EMT to discuss the adoption that side of the forum.
- Items on Call Connect: with the loss of some services pending on buses we understand that Lincolnshire County Council have approached Call Connect to run services around Skegness and this may apply to other places.
- It is of some concern that the Forum Committee meetings might become just a ‘talking shop’ apart from the Adoption Group, which is performing excellently. We have all volunteered to do ‘something’ but I am not sure we haven’t lost the way and need some plan of what individuals or teams can do. We can only do this if the Committee’s discuss this> Rodney’s volunteered to survey passengers and contact Passenger Focus in regard to rail. We are a campaign group and our remit covers road, rail and other forms of transport and I am sure there are avenues we could explore further. We could look at the disabled angle on transport finding out what disabled people require on all forms of transport and if this is been fulfilled. It is possible to work singly or in small teams to accomplish some research and bring back to the committee on what they find. It is important that we take the views of the general public and ask them to feed back to us. We know there is a problem on some bus routes and it might be useful at a public meeting to use this as an agenda item, but also discuss beforehand at a committee meeting. It was also mentioned about the subsidies the bus companies receive and some receive large amounts and others very small. What we do not know is does a high rate of subsidies for some bus companies reflect the use of bus passes or just general subsidies. Bus companies do not believe they get a fair share towards the costs of operating a service of which the bus passes only contribute a small income for the operators.
- Littleworth: Littleworth was discussed briefly as Louise McGuinness good not attend with a report and said there was going to be meeting in September about the proposed bus route. With the development of housing along the line we feel it is important that this is got to be highlighted once again, but if the bus service is initiated it will have to run alongside a rail service to give coverage for the houses and residents who live there. It has been muted that people from Crowland Area would probably use the railway halt rather than driving to Peterborough so this must be explored once more.
- Peterborough group: the Peterborough group could not attend today and therefore there will be no report from them.
- Next meetings: Committee meeting to be arranged for October and Public Meeting to be considered for November.
- Meeting closed 8.45pm
I would ask all committee members whether on Adoption Team or otherwise to send in apologies if they cannot attend so they can be recorded in the Minutes.
Addendum to minutes:
Latest news: There is a need to identify who wants to be on a separate committee for the Adoption Team. If a meeting is called to discuss this next month we need to have made some progress. If not the Adoption Group will not be recognised by EMT and may have to fold and rely on independent individuals. This because EMT want the Adoption Group to be separately run from the Forum.